Thursday, March 4, 2010
It means that the product can be replenished at a faster or comparable rate than it is being consumed by the human population. It must be able to support sustainable development that is the development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It must at least support social, environmental or economical needs. These are the three pillars of sustainability. One sustainable product is newwater. It is a breakthrough for the process of desalination, and is a feasible and quality plan. It might develop more economical value when fresh water becomes scarce. This national tap of Singapore means that we will not meet a crisis when our neighbouring countries stop supplying water for us.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Physical- Makes it more convenient for the parents when they have to bring the child out, as they do not need to carry the child the whole time.
Social- Parents would not be tied down by the child when they attend an event like a friend gathering, as it would be difficult to interact with their friends if they are carrying the baby.
Emotional- For the comfort of the baby, as he or she would cry if uncomfortable.
Intellectual- The toys on the stroller
Waiting for a bus at a bus stop
Benches should be available so that
we will not be tired out. Indoor stations with air conditioners would be good.
There should be a television situated at the stop. This would provide more knowledge to the people.
More buses should be deployed so that we would not need to wait for such a long time and get irritated.
We might be late when we meet up with our friends(if the bus is not on time)
Waiting for a train at the railway station
Install a water drinking corner at the station so that we would not become dehydrated. Singapore has very hot weather and we need to stay hydrated.
Broadcast educational shows on the television sets instead of advertisements.
Will not feel irritated if drinking corners are introduced.
When you watch the television shows,you might interact with others who are also enjoying the show.
Waiting for a plane at he airport
More comfortable chairs. If you are transferring flights,you will probably feel exhausted and sleepy. You will need to have some rest while waiting.
Give newspapers before you board the flight to keep you occupied and learning while waiting for the plane.
You will feel irritated when there are you are tired and there are no comfortable chairs.
There should be interactive gaming stations where people can meet new friends.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
As an effective means of communication and thinking, drawing operates on many levels, and it is important for the artist and designer to not only comprehend these differences, but to also achieve a certain level of skill in the discipline of drawing. Drawing can be a tremendously empowering tool for communication and thinking. This article will briefly explore and loosely define the many different approaches, or types, of drawing.
In thinking about drawing methodologies and their respective purposes, apparent are at least eight distinct categories, including:
1. Life Drawing: drawing as a means of expression; drawing from direct observation, as in still-life or figure drawing.
2. Emotive Drawing: drawing, like painting, as an expressive way to explore and put forth feeling, mood, self, time, and so on; drawing as a sensitive expression of personality.
3. Sketching: drawing in order to explain or actively think through a problem; drawing through the act of visualizing; drawing actively and loosely.
4. Analytic Drawing: drawing as a way to dissect, understand and represent; drawing from observation.
5. Perspective Drawing: drawing as a way to represent volume, space, light, eye-level (horizon), surface planes, and scale.
6. Geometric Drawing: drawing as a means to precisely represent all aspects of construction; drawing that shows measured scale, true sides, sections, and a variety of descriptive views.
7. Diagrammatic Drawing: drawing in order to investigate, explore, and document concepts and ideas; drawing as an active design process where ideas evolve due to adjacencies and happenstance.
8. Illustration Drawing: drawing in order to document; drawing to clearly state and render intent, style, size, color, character, effect, and so on.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Environment is the ever-changing substance that withstands life in all forms. It is where we carry out our lives and interact with each other. Our environment also determines the future ahead of us. This crucial role links each and everyone of us,bringing us to the discoveries of new technology and advances in our life.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Lai Ziying, Khit Sue Lun, Loh Cheng Ngee
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Ziying, Suelun, Chengngee
Cheng Ngee, Zi Ying, Sue Lun